- 183,253 hits
- RT @RabonaNutmeg: @colinrtalbot @Channel4News @wendy161966 @jeremycorbyn Corbyn's re-writing history, trying to imply he laid foundations f… 5 hours ago
- Who were Sting et al controlled by then? The Musical Mother Company? twitter.com/boharrison1971… 9 hours ago
- Not really, that's been obvious ever since Corbyn won leadership. Nothing will stop him hanging on at least until a… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 9 hours ago
- RT @huwbbc: This has stayed with me from all of today's coverage. #manchesterattack (via @PaddyBriggs) https://t.co/h9SBJl9zHq 10 hours ago
Colin’s latest book
Pre-order today at http://www.amazon.co.uk
Comment is free…Please feel free to comment and especially to add your own analyses or experiences. Just click on a blog and go to the comment section at the bottom. Or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitehall Watch has gone, to a better place… – Whitehall Watch | Public Sector Blogs on Whitehall Watch has gone, to a better place…
- Why we need an independent Parliamentary Budget Office | The Descrier on Office for Budget Responsibility – major reform or gimmick?
- Has the Office for Budget Responsibility achieved genuine independence from government? | Richard Berry on Has the Office for Budget Responsibility achieved genuine independence from government?
- Government defeats over public money in Parliament (crowd sourcing examples) – Whitehall Watch | Public Sector Blogs on Government defeats over public money in Parliament (crowd sourcing examples)
- Dave Richards on Britons say no to smaller state (BSA 30)
- Audit Commission banking banks book review broadband CAA Capability carers Children's services Civil Service Constitution CPA crisis debt Departments DWP efficiency equality expenses government happiness HM Treasury jargon joined up local government media memes Ministers NAO nationalisation NHS Nudge parliament pay performance PFI policies policy Prime Minister public debt Public policy public services Public Value railways reform Select Committees shadow economy social services speaker spending strategy Structures targets Universities Westminister Whitehall
Tag Archives: local government
Hazel Blears, Communities and Local Government Secretary in the Labour Government has announced her decision to leave the government on the eve of local government elections in England, in what is being widely seen as direct attack on PM Gordon … Continue reading
The Local Government Association (LGA) has published a list of 200 “jargon” words and their ‘plain English’ equivalents. But is this really jargon-busting, or patronising dumbing-down?
Back in 1999 ‘Modernising Government’ was finally published. After nearly two years gestation the general verdict was that it was indeed an elephant – huge, sprawling and ungainly. Everything including the kitchen-sink had been thrown into the lengthy, turgid and … Continue reading
The Audit Commission published its final CPA (comprehensive performance assessment) report on English local government this week.
One thing that the current financial crisis ought to do is raise a serious debate amongst public policy makers about pay for performance – in the private and public sectors.