- 183,128 hits
- RT @ddale8: Weekly update: Donald Trump said 19 false things this week; he is up to 99 in five weeks as president. #TrumpCheck https://t.co… 1 hour ago
- RT @sturdyAlex: I've just been described as "defeatist" by a Corbyn fan for accepting the result in Copeland was a defeat. It's like talkin… 1 hour ago
- RT @DAaronovitch: Post-Stoke shall I regale @Arron_banks with the "you just don't get it" jibes that he inflicts on everyone else? No. I'm… 2 hours ago
- RT @debmattinson: Who knew?! twitter.com/owenjones84/st… 2 hours ago
Colin’s latest book
Pre-order today at http://www.amazon.co.uk
Comment is free…Please feel free to comment and especially to add your own analyses or experiences. Just click on a blog and go to the comment section at the bottom. Or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitehall Watch has gone, to a better place… – Whitehall Watch | Public Sector Blogs on Whitehall Watch has gone, to a better place…
- Why we need an independent Parliamentary Budget Office | The Descrier on Office for Budget Responsibility – major reform or gimmick?
- Has the Office for Budget Responsibility achieved genuine independence from government? | Richard Berry on Has the Office for Budget Responsibility achieved genuine independence from government?
- Government defeats over public money in Parliament (crowd sourcing examples) – Whitehall Watch | Public Sector Blogs on Government defeats over public money in Parliament (crowd sourcing examples)
- Dave Richards on Britons say no to smaller state (BSA 30)
- Audit Commission banking banks book review broadband CAA Capability carers Children's services Civil Service Constitution CPA crisis debt Departments DWP efficiency equality expenses government happiness HM Treasury jargon joined up local government media memes Ministers NAO nationalisation NHS Nudge parliament pay performance PFI policies policy Prime Minister public debt Public policy public services Public Value railways reform Select Committees shadow economy social services speaker spending strategy Structures targets Universities Westminister Whitehall
Tag Archives: efficiency
After the government allegedly exceeded its own target to save £21.5bn from its last efficiency drive – the ‘Gershon’ programme 2004-7 – and actually save £26bn, you would think there is little left for the National Audit Office to do. … Continue reading
from the FT – By Nicholas Timmins Published: March 10 2009 00:39 | Last updated: March 10 2009 00:39
Are we about to enter a new era of public management? There are good reasons to think that this may be the case.
One the NAO’s latest reports points to a small but significant area of inefficiency in Whitehall – recruitment: