The Treasury and HMRC are apparently in turmoil over the attempt to impose a cut in Child Benefit for higher rate tax payers. Read this excellent piece by Iain Martin on the Wall Street Journal website. Who says “implementation” is a trivial matter?
- 183,279 hits
- RT @ProudResister: Trump: I have tapes Mueller: I have a team of 13 lawyers who prosecuted Watergate, Enron & Mafia Trump: I do not have… 5 hours ago
- RT @LFBCommissioner: I have been overwhelmed by the wonderful messages of praise and support for my brilliant @LondonFire staff. Thankyou s… 7 hours ago
- RT @ThomasPride: Dear @LiamFox, Last year, you said you had 10 trade deals. There hasn't been even one. You lied, didn't you? Regards, Tom… 7 hours ago
- RT @BaldwinRE: Jonathan Portes on what we need to ask about May's 'generous offer' @jdportes independent.co.uk/voices/theresa… 8 hours ago
Colin’s latest book
Pre-order today at http://www.amazon.co.uk
Comment is free…Please feel free to comment and especially to add your own analyses or experiences. Just click on a blog and go to the comment section at the bottom. Or you can email me at email@example.com
- Whitehall Watch has gone, to a better place… – Whitehall Watch | Public Sector Blogs on Whitehall Watch has gone, to a better place…
- Why we need an independent Parliamentary Budget Office | The Descrier on Office for Budget Responsibility – major reform or gimmick?
- Has the Office for Budget Responsibility achieved genuine independence from government? | Richard Berry on Has the Office for Budget Responsibility achieved genuine independence from government?
- Government defeats over public money in Parliament (crowd sourcing examples) – Whitehall Watch | Public Sector Blogs on Government defeats over public money in Parliament (crowd sourcing examples)
- Dave Richards on Britons say no to smaller state (BSA 30)
- Audit Commission banking banks book review broadband CAA Capability carers Children's services Civil Service Constitution CPA crisis debt Departments DWP efficiency equality expenses government happiness HM Treasury jargon joined up local government media memes Ministers NAO nationalisation NHS Nudge parliament pay performance PFI policies policy Prime Minister public debt Public policy public services Public Value railways reform Select Committees shadow economy social services speaker spending strategy Structures targets Universities Westminister Whitehall