David Cameron’s rhetoric on reforming Westminster sounds great, but a dissection of his policies reveals a lack of substance. Instead of being an enemy of democracy, bureaucracy remains an essential friend. See Public Finance for the rest…
- 183,414 hits
- RT @fizzystat: @colinrtalbot '... rapidly running out of road' - I like your extension of the 'can kicking' metaphor! 6 hours ago
- RT @chrisdeerin: Tremendous by @NickCohen4 on a mass failure of political courage blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/10/politi… 9 hours ago
- RT @mikegalsworthy: Nigel Farage is 100% EU funded. You can't trust him. twitter.com/nigel_farage/s… 9 hours ago
- Theresa Bonaparte? The PMs strange, and failing, balancing act...(maybe she could try the new runway on St Helena?) totalpolitics.com/articles/opini… 9 hours ago
Colin’s latest book
Pre-order today at http://www.amazon.co.uk
Comment is free…Please feel free to comment and especially to add your own analyses or experiences. Just click on a blog and go to the comment section at the bottom. Or you can email me at email@example.com
- Whitehall Watch has gone, to a better place… – Whitehall Watch | Public Sector Blogs on Whitehall Watch has gone, to a better place…
- Why we need an independent Parliamentary Budget Office | The Descrier on Office for Budget Responsibility – major reform or gimmick?
- Has the Office for Budget Responsibility achieved genuine independence from government? | Richard Berry on Has the Office for Budget Responsibility achieved genuine independence from government?
- Government defeats over public money in Parliament (crowd sourcing examples) – Whitehall Watch | Public Sector Blogs on Government defeats over public money in Parliament (crowd sourcing examples)
- Dave Richards on Britons say no to smaller state (BSA 30)
- Audit Commission banking banks book review broadband CAA Capability carers Children's services Civil Service Constitution CPA crisis debt Departments DWP efficiency equality expenses government happiness HM Treasury jargon joined up local government media memes Ministers NAO nationalisation NHS Nudge parliament pay performance PFI policies policy Prime Minister public debt Public policy public services Public Value railways reform Select Committees shadow economy social services speaker spending strategy Structures targets Universities Westminister Whitehall