David Cameron’s rhetoric on reforming Westminster sounds great, but a dissection of his policies reveals a lack of substance. Instead of being an enemy of democracy, bureaucracy remains an essential friend. See Public Finance for the rest…
- 183,253 hits
- RT @AmandaKendal: Well worth reading & considering together with recent pieces I've tweeted from @kenanmalik and @colinrtalbot: all add to… 44 minutes ago
- RT @RupertMyers: Schroedinger's statesman: Corbyn never met the IRA, but he helped to deliver peace in Northern Ireland through his meeting… 7 hours ago
- Great Manchester run - humans at their best really are splendid. Well done to everyone today (incl our police) google.co.uk/search?q=great…: 8 hours ago
- RT @sunny_hundal: I blame the rubbish foreign policy of the Coptic Christians twitter.com/AP/status/8684… 8 hours ago
Colin’s latest book
Pre-order today at http://www.amazon.co.uk
Comment is free…Please feel free to comment and especially to add your own analyses or experiences. Just click on a blog and go to the comment section at the bottom. Or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitehall Watch has gone, to a better place… – Whitehall Watch | Public Sector Blogs on Whitehall Watch has gone, to a better place…
- Why we need an independent Parliamentary Budget Office | The Descrier on Office for Budget Responsibility – major reform or gimmick?
- Has the Office for Budget Responsibility achieved genuine independence from government? | Richard Berry on Has the Office for Budget Responsibility achieved genuine independence from government?
- Government defeats over public money in Parliament (crowd sourcing examples) – Whitehall Watch | Public Sector Blogs on Government defeats over public money in Parliament (crowd sourcing examples)
- Dave Richards on Britons say no to smaller state (BSA 30)
- Audit Commission banking banks book review broadband CAA Capability carers Children's services Civil Service Constitution CPA crisis debt Departments DWP efficiency equality expenses government happiness HM Treasury jargon joined up local government media memes Ministers NAO nationalisation NHS Nudge parliament pay performance PFI policies policy Prime Minister public debt Public policy public services Public Value railways reform Select Committees shadow economy social services speaker spending strategy Structures targets Universities Westminister Whitehall